Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day #4- Feeling Good


I'm starting to feel much better!!!

I feel energized and motivated. Although the scale hasn't moved much, I love how I feel. I always had in my head that eating healthy was, well. Let me let Cathy tell you:



The mentality of it is just crazy. When I get hungry, I do think of my favorite foods, which right now I will not ( and can't) have. It's sad to see now in full view what my relationship with food is like. I don't eat to fuel. I eat to satisfy. That is a bad black hole to be in. Mind you, I do believe to go ahead and partake of those cravings, but it definitely needs to be balanced.

The #1 thing I didn't realize, is how many calories I was eating. My life is on the go, all the time. It's really ridiculous. So, stopping to get a bite at a drive-thru happened a lot. I thought, oh just a small dollar menu item will do. Not that I correlate the price with the calories, but for some reason, I thought more of the size. Each (small) double burger is easily 400 calories. I sometimes ordered two of these. 800 calories. That didn't even include if I got a drink, or fries. YUCK!

The other trap I fell in, was : "If I made it myself, then it must be more healthy than a fast food meal." It WAS cheaper, but the health value was just as bad. Example: Frozen Pizza. Each slice is easily 300-350 calories each. I ate close to 3 (sometimes 4) slices, plus what ever drink i had. That's at least 1200 calories in this one meal!

I'm disappointed in my self for not caring at looking at labels. It really is an eye opener to see this now. I wish I cared sooner. But I am glad that I am doing something about this now.

I am feeling a big push to do this. I want to live as long as I can, but in good Health. There are so many theories on Cancer, and other Heart related diseases that are based purely on Nutrition and Physical Fitness. My mom, having died at such a young age, has instilled fear in me. My dad, having Heart related diseases has added onto that fear. I know what it is like to lose a parent, and I do not want my kids to go through that, at least not yet.

1 comment: