Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Day #2- There is HOPE!


The skeptical in me says there is no way. But, the results are pretty obvious!

My weigh in yesterday was 203 lbs, today was 200 lbs!

(Note: for best accuracy, always weight yourself at the same time of day, your weight fluctuates different times of day!)

Impossible you say? I must be using diet pills you might ask? The answer is absolutely NOT.
I haven't seen my scale say 200 in a long time! So this was exciting for me to see :) Not only that, but it gives me hope that I can ACTUALLY
accomplish this seemingly impossible task.

Now, it is very simple. I have been looking for a way to change my lifestyle without it being stressful. I am not good with stress, because... I gain weight. That would be counter productive!

I also was looking for something that would educate me, and not just say 'here is a menu of foods you have never heard of. It works, good luck."
Really? I have found so many of these, and honestly, the "shopping list" they provide you with is so overwhelming, not to mention the cost.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I asked friends on facebook of workouts that I could do from home that wouldn't take much of my time. Because, lets be honest:

One, I don't like to exercise, hence a big reason why I have let myself get to this point.

Two, I am so busy, with being mommy, working and now adding school to that list!

Three, I am lazy. Yes, that L word is pretty much the biggest culprit in my life.



A friend of mine, Amber, gave me the address of www.pinkmethod.com

I'm not here to advertise for them, but if the program works I will be definitely recommending them!

I like the program because it is real. There are no pills, no monthly subscription requirements, and the material was pretty inexpensive.

They send you a Journal, and the work out DVDs. In the journal, there are Two Parts. The first part has 6 chapters of educational information on foods, and how the program works, and why certain foods were chosen.

The second part of the Journal is where you actually get to keep track of everything, including what you ate, goals, and recipes used.
Not only that, but it is a "fill in the blank" so that it is entirely guided. I LOVE THAT! Sometimes when you do something new, you get lost. I feel with this I will always know where I am and where I am going.

(I don't like to use the word diet, but for the purpose of this post, I will....)
The diet has a couple of parts to it as well. To start the program, you go through what they call the "Pink Reset". You do this first before starting any of the workout DVDs. The goal is to eat well, lose the first 10 lbs so you begin your workouts being lighter. This usually takes 7 days, but they recommended people over a certain amount of weight/height to take longer. In my case, the chart recommended to be on this diet for 14 days.

After this first goal is met, you change the diet to what is called Pink Primary. Both of these diets are well put together, reasonable meal items, and are both purposeful. The Reset, in my mind, is there to reset the way you think. Both about yourself and food. It gives you a chance to get results fast. Then, once you got some weight off, the next meal plan helps you with the energy needed for the workout, and muscle building.

The workouts have 3 levels. The first one you do for 3 weeks, it is a 20 minute work out. Level 2, is also 3 weeks and has a 30 minute workout. The third level is 3 weeks, and has a 40 minute workout. The way in which you do these, with the meal plans plus the resting periods makes complete sense how it helps you shed those pounds, but the intensity increases so that you aren't doing the same workout over and over again.




There is so much about this program that I haven't mentioned here yet. I am totally sold because it is real. It is educational, and at the end of the 9 weeks, it tells you how to maintain your weight. The journal is sassy, and tells you about the "sexy you". In a way, when you accomplish a goal, you feel good about yourself. Its not just about the way you look. A lot of this process is how you feel. And I feel that I can actually get this done and not be so tired, and look pretty decent at the same time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment