Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

French Breakfast Puffs

My friend shared this on her blog and I'm in LOVE with these muffins! It was a hit with the fam. Since we are a small family, I froze half of what it made, so I can pull it out the night before we have to run somewhere early, viola! Instant breakfast!
Thanks Tiffany for sharing this recipe! (http://bakingattiffanys.blogspot.com )


Courtesy of The Pioneer Woman(http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/12/french_breakfast_puffs/)I

Ingredients
■3 cups Flour
■3 teaspoons Baking Powder
■1 teaspoon Salt
■½ teaspoons Ground Nutmeg
■1 cup Sugar
■⅔ cups Shortening (Crisco)
■2 whole Eggs■1 cup Milk
■1-½ cup Sugar
■3 teaspoons Cinnamon
■2 sticks Butter

Preparation Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.In a different bowl, cream together 1 cup sugar and shortening. Then add eggs and mix again. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden.In a bowl, melt 2 sticks butter. In a separate bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Dip baked muffins in butter, coating thoroughly, then coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture.

(Maria's Variations: I used only one stick of butter for the topping, and also filled some of the cups less for a smaller muffin for my kids, since I dont have a mini muffin baking pan yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment